The story so far: I picked up a 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum from Crest Cadillac in Plano to test drive this weekend. Saturday was Tennis a Escalade, and Night Life. Sunday was a trip to Scarborough Faire.
I dropped off the Escalade ESV Platinum at Crest Cadillac this morning after a fun test drive over the weekend.
Summary: The Escalade ESV Platinum is like flying first class. If you appreciate the additional space, the higher quality accommodations, and the personal service, then it is worth it. For the ESV Platinum the Cadillac Team has carefully and thoughtfully addressed every surface, every feature, every option of the ESV to be of the highest quality and utility.
Final thoughts (no particular order):
- The Escalade ESV is an excellent vehicle if you need to do the things the ESV can do — haul 7 people and all their stuff in absolute comfort, or tow a horse trailer (or yacht!).
- The ESV Platinum has absolutely exquisite appointments — everything is top notch
- Tahama leather seats are very nice
- In my usage the ESV got a combined 16.5 mpg or so in fuel economy
- The L94 Engine has a perfectly smooth idle — no occasional cammy pulse like the CTS-V had
- The ESV says “Premium Fuel Recommended” on the fuel flap; that surprised me — I thought the L94 V8 would use regular unleaded.
- If I owned the ESV I would also look for an E85 flex fuel station and always use E85; I think alternate fuels are fun
- With the electric, automatic running boards no problem for me or my Wife to get up into the ESV
- I am sold on blind zone alert and heated/cooled cup holders after using them.
My Host for this test drive is Crest Cadillac of Plano, Texas. They are located at 2701 North Central Expressway, Plano, Texas. You can contact them by phone Toll-free at 1-866-697-9144 or locally at (972)578-7511, or on Twitter or Facebook