For Sale Sold:
I offer for sale my 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L. The car is a one-owner car, originally purchased in 2005. The car has 86,000 miles on it, plus whatever test drives will add before you come buy this exciting Sport Sedan. The Cadillac is located in Plano, Texas, a northern suburb of Dallas. I live around 40 minutes away from DFW International Airport.
THIS CAR IS SOLD
- 5 speed Automatic Transmission with selectable sport and snow modes
- Colors: Exterior Light Platinum (Silver); Interior Neutral leather
- 3.6L DOHC VVT V6 Engine with 255 horse power (190 kw) at 6200 rpm and 252 lb.-ft. (342 Nm) of torque at 3200 rpm. This was the most powerful V6 engine available in 2005
- Rear-wheel drive
- Up to 16 city/25 hwy mpg
- Side/Curtain Airbags
- Traction Control
- AM/FM in-dash single CD player stereo and XM Radio (requires Satellite radio subscription)
- OnStar (requires OnStar subscription)
- Tilt-adjustable steering wheel
- Fuel type: regular unleaded
- GMPP Major Guard transferable extended warranty earlier of Aug 8, 2011 or 91,943 miles ($100 deductible)
- Corsa cat-back exhaust — twin dual exhaust
- Volante cold air intake
- Rear Spoiler
- 2007 factory colored Cadillac Crest Center Wheel Caps
- Full Size spare & 3 extra 16″ wheels
- Factory Wood accent gear selector for the automatic
- Driver & Passenger electric seats with programmable memory setting
I love this car. The VIN number is 1G6DP567850196391
I purchased this CTS brand new from Crest Cadillac here in Plano. The CTS is still under GM Extended Warranty (GMPP Major Guard) until the earlier of August 8, 2011 or another 5K miles.
It has never been wrecked, and has been locally maintained. I have a CarFax Report for the CTS.
CarFax notes an accident in 2006, because a traffic incident occurred with a police report, which I can confirm. However, although a complete report was filed, the CTS was not damaged in the incident; no repairs were required at all. The incident involved a pedestrian who stepped out in traffic. The automobile was not damaged.
This is a 2005 CTS, with wear and tear appropriate to its age: it has been a daily driver. Yet this is a car that I sell only because I was able to buy the car of my dreams, not because of any mechanical problem I’ve experienced. I changed the oil and fluids regularly, and otherwise treated this car as I would want a car to be treated.
It has been to the Dealer two or three times in its life for repairs, and was quickly out on on the way under warranty after both visits.
Here are some things I think could be improved on this car:
- floor mats could be replaced–they look okay, but show their age;
- I always wanted to add the wood trim steering wheel. I have it, and will provide it to buyer, but I never put it on;
- the buyer may choose to get an OnStar subscription and XM radio subscription, as the car is equipped for both (optional)
- the car has some very minor squeaks when I sit on the seat–not unusual for a car this age, but I could have tracked it down and applied an appropriate WD-40 or other solution.
The asking price is discounted in light of the car’s age and my desire to empty my garage. Because it is still under GM Warranty for a short period however, you can simply take it to any Cadillac Dealer and have any covered item they can find wrong with it fixed.
I am selling the 2005 CTS because I recently purchased a 2008 Cadillac STS-V.
I’m a bit of a Cadillac aficionado. I have run the website that has become CaddyInfo.com, which since 1998 has been devoted to modern Cadillacs. I was delighted to own this car. I am 50, and it has been adult driven for its entire life.
This CTS has the Corsa cat-back exhaust system. This premium, stainless steel exhaust was an aftermarket addition, and provides a strong, sporty sound without any interior resonance or drone.
From the Corsa marketing information about this exhaust:
- Official GM Licensed Product
- Custom Designed and Tuned
- All Stainless Steel Components
- Straight Through Nonrestrictive Design Increases Horsepower
- Hand Crafted in the USA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- HP & Torque: 14 HP/ 18 ft lbs Torque
This CTS has the Volante Cold Air Intake. This is a low restriction intake which preserves cold air isolation.
When I purchased this car it had a manual passenger seat. Cadillac should never put manual seats in anything if you ask me. I replaced both seats with upgraded Cadillac CTS seats so that both are electric and have seat position memory. This also required upgrading the driver door to the factory seat memory controller, which I have done.
More Cadillac Marketing notes:
The 2005 CTS builds on Cadillac’s century-long tradition of technology and design innovation, and is a modern interpretation of the strikingly beautiful cars that made Cadillac famous. Built on GM’s acclaimed Sigma rear-wheel-drive architecture, CTS was rigorously tested at the famed Nurburgring racetrack in Germany.
The design team gave CTS a uniquely Cadillac look. Its lean, chiseled body features sheer forms, sharp edges and crisp intersecting lines that honor Cadillac’s storied past and look to the future. Conventional Cadillac cues, including the grille and exterior lighting, have been updated for the CTS. Cadillac’s traditional vertical headlamps and tail lamps first appeared in 1965, and CTS refines the tradition. CTS’ integrated headlamps convey the high-tech image of optical instruments and high-end camera lenses. Thin and tall, they create more space for the large, louvered grille. The interior provides all the amenities that luxury customers have come to expect, with the emphasis on comfort and convenience. It uses warm, rich materials to contrast with the cool, computer-like, hightech cockpit appearance, balancing the contemporary feel with touches of traditional luxury
This CTS has some special features that should price it up; the Corsa Exhaust is $1,300+ new plus install, and the Volante intake is $300+; to make these really special features though you get them for the same fair price.
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Pictures:
Please click on the photos to get larger versions that are easier to see details in.
Front on View of 2005 Cadillac CTS For Sale:
Right Rear View of 2005 Cadillac CTS For Sale:
Left Side View:
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Right Front interior view:
Rear Seat view:
Summary: This CTS is SOLD
This is a 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L that you can buy at a good price, drive and enjoy.
Feel free to Post A Comment on this page with questions; all Comments are only visible to me, although I may share questions and information or responses.